The Cougar Times

The Garrison Union Free School
1100 Route 9D
Garrison, New York 10524
(845) 424-3689

Editors
Olivia
John

Adviser
Mrs. Rowe

Friday, October 22, 2010

Welcome New Staff Members!


Hi my name is Olivia. I will be interviewing John, an eighth-grade senior. Here is what John told me when I asked him some questions about journalism:

John, why did you decide to do journalism?
"I decided to join because I wanted to do something new."

What other activities are you involved with?
"I love to participate in school sports with my teammates. I also am involved with community service and other school electives."

One more question; John, do you have time?
"Yes, I have time."

What are some topics you would like to write about?
"I would like to write about important things going on in the school and in the community."

Thank you for taking the time to read my interview with John, and thank you, John, for speaking with me.

Hi, my name is John, and I'm a student at the Garrison School in the eighth grade. I'm here to interview a new student, Olivia. Here is the feedback Olivia gave me when I asked her some questions regarding the elective journalism:

Why did you want to do journalism?
"I decided to join journalism because I love to write and my favorite class is Reading with Mr. Berger. It's something I've always wanted to try."

What other activities are you involved with at the Garrison School and in the community?
"I love gymnastics and participate in my school's various arrangement of electives."

What are some topics you want to write about in journalism?
"I would like to inform Garrison about the students' birthdays and talk about important things going on in the school, outside of the community and around the world."

Thank you so much, Olivia, for your time, and I hope you enjoy the elective journalism as much as we do!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting interview - I look forward to reading more things that you both will write. Good luck this year.

    Mrs. Prentice

    ReplyDelete