The Cougar Times

The Garrison Union Free School
1100 Route 9D
Garrison, New York 10524
(845) 424-3689

Editors
Olivia
John

Adviser
Mrs. Rowe

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Go Where the Wild Things Are

By Spencer

When the movie "Where the Wild Things Are," directed by Spike Jonze, came out in theaters October 16, it got mixed reviews. Some people truly adored it and other critics hated it. When I saw the movie on October 17, I thought it was a masterpiece. The movie was rated PG, but there were a lot of scenes too emotional for many young viewers, I thought. Most critics thought the movie was too dark and too sad. From my personal experience, I thought the "wild things" were Max's emotions. In the story, there are a lot of emotional things in his life, like a divorce between his parents (they are not together in the movie), his sister's friends wrecking his snow fort and hurting him and his sister not doing anything about it. In all, I thought the movie was extremely good. Also, it stayed true to the storyline most of the time. Lastly, I think that you should not take kids younger than 8 to this movie
partly because they will not get it and it's too dark.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the movie too and agree with your analysis. The movie did feel different than the book though because the monsters were more like real people. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete