The Cougar Times

The Garrison Union Free School
1100 Route 9D
Garrison, New York 10524
(845) 424-3689

Editors
Olivia
John

Adviser
Mrs. Rowe

Friday, February 15, 2008

Ask Me: The Best Advice on Everything From Relationships to Classes

Anonymous student-to-student advice.

Q. My friend likes this guy, but I think he’s obnoxious. How do I tell her?

A. My best advice to you would be to tell your friend that you don’t have any problem with her liking him but you’d rather not be around him all the time. Let her know your feelings about this boy and I’m sure she'll understand.

Q. I have problems fitting in with the rest of my grade. How can I fix this?

A. Try signing up for sports with other people that you enjoy. This way, you can all hang out together. Chances are, you have problems fitting in because people don’t know much about you.

Q. There are so many more assignments then last year! We have two or more tests at a time and six classes! How do I deal with it?

A. The problem here is that you are stressing out. You should plan out your time so that you know when you have to start and when you will finish to make time for other things. Don’t sign up for extra-curricular activities if you think they are going to interfere with your work, unless of course you think you could handle it. If you get stuck on some homework or maybe get a few bad grades, talk to your teachers and find out what you can do to raise them. If you stick with these tips, your grades will improve and your stress level will go down!

Students may leave questions in The Cougar Times Advice Box in the school hallway to be answered in a future posting.

1 comment: